Sunday, May 15, 2011

27...I mean...6 dresses

Alright ladies and gentleman (mike), it's time for a new post. So...Last weekend, I traveled up to Rexburg to attend one of my best friend's wedding. Jessica Bell Bushman (now Mower) married Tyson Howard Mower in the Rexburg, Idaho temple.
This was a BEAUTIFUL ceremony and actually was my first sealing I have ever been to as an endowed member of the church. I already said it, but I'll say it again...it was beautiful. It was a great weekend all the way around. I got to see Melanie and Devin Johnston, my little sister Taylor, Jessica's family and a few other randoms around campus. Can I say that it was weird to be back in Rexburg again. It was weird being in all the old places that I use to go with my little sister! It was also bizzare being there with Mel, seeing that we haven't been there together since the day we graduated. Anyhoo...Enough about the wonderful weekend...and on to the title of my blog. I am sure that most of you have seen the movie 27 dresses.
Melanie and I went on a 27 dresses binge while we lived in Colorado, watching it every night for about a month. The sad thing is, I never find myself able to be sick of it. I laugh at all the same parts and can't help but comparing myself to Katherine Hiegel's character, Jane. So I thought that I would enumerate the times that I have been a bridesmaid through...what else...but pictures!

Wedding #1: Caroline Lemmon.
Colors: Ivory, black and maroon...why am I the only one wearing a black shirt? I don't know...

Wedding #2: My sister Ashleigh
Colors: Blue and white and yellow? I can't really remember.

Wedding #3: Stephanie Irish
Wedding Colors: this blue color with green and white...

Wedding #4: My other sister: Haley
Colors: Yellow, white and pink

Wedding #5: Melanie Tidwell
Colors...also yellow pink and white (I wore the same shoes and both weddings :)

Wedding #6 Jessica Bushman
Colors: Black, lime green and champagne.

I have been to three other weddings where I wasn't officially a bridesmaid, but was asked to wear the colors. These are the honorable mentions...
Jenny McIntyre's wedding:
colors: pink, black and white
Jessica's first wedding:
Colors: Black, white and red
Brittney Deem's wedding:
Colors: black, light pink and white (sorry deem, I can't remember)

I love being in weddings. But by the end of the day, I often feel like this..


Dress I've reworn the most? Ashleigh's...hands down
followed closely by Mel's. (I have no photo proof of me wearing this dress outside the wedding, but trust me...I do.)
Dress never worn again?
Stephanie's, and Caroline's....Not that there is anything wrong with them...but I just haven't found any use for them outside a wedding. I haven't worn Haley's again, because I'm pretty sure it would be too short now and it was too big to begin with...

So there you have it. 9 weddings later and I think I am done for a while...only because all of my close friends have gotten married and I, unless my sister Taylor gets married, don't think I'm at too big of a risk at getting asked to be a bridesmaid anytime soon. I'm in NO rush to get married, but when the time comes, I will be surrounded by all the people who love me as much as I love them!






4 comments:

  1. "Jessica's first wedding"... bahahaa, there it is again! I'm pretty sure I'm done now.. I hope.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make one hot bridesmaid! For Sabrina's birthday we wore our bridesmaid dresses from Sarah's wedding to the movie theater to watch "Bridesmaids".

    ReplyDelete